Caneyville Family Practice Services
The primary care physicians at Caneyville Family Practice provide personal care for their patients and coordinate other medical care as needed. Your primary care doctor can treat a wide variety of medical conditions and works with you to promote health and wellness through:
- Diagnosing and treating common health problems.
- Referring and coordinating your medical care with specialists when needed.
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle and disease prevention.
- Managing your medications.
Choosing a primary care physician is an important step toward making sure that you stay on the road to good health.
As principal health providers, primary care physicians:
- Are board-certified in one or more of the following areas: internal medicine or, family medicine
- Provide preventive care services, promote health and wellness and manage multiple or complex medical conditions
- Have access and referral to specialists
- Recognize and treat common medical ailments and acute illness
- Family practice. Family medicine physicians see patients of all ages, from birth to seniors. Family physicians diagnose and treat medical illnesses, provide preventive care such as annual checkups and health risk assessments, and provide guidance on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In addition, they manage chronic conditions and can refer to specialists or coordinate hospital care as needed
- Problem Oriented Diagnosis & Care: Headaches, Heartburn, Fatigue, Allergies, Infections, Colds, Flu, and Colon Cancer Screenings
- Dermatology Care: Rashes, Acne, Moles, Skin Cancer Screening & Biopsy, etc.
- Chronic Disease Management: High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Acne, Diabetes, Digestive Problems, Ulcers, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism, Emphysema, Depression, Anxiety, Allergies, Asthma, Arthritis, etc.
- Acute Care: Injuries (sports, sprains, car accidents, burns, etc.), Illnesses (sore throats, coughs, STD's, etc.)
- Procedures: Skin Biopsies; Removal of Skin Cancers, Cysts, Moles, Warts, Ingrown Toenails; Laceration Repair, Removal of Foreign Bodies from Eyes
- Testing: In-office x-ray
- In-Office Laboratory for most labs: Usually less expensive & always more convenient
- Workman's Compensation Injuries: Evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of workman compensation injuries including referrals needed. Workman's compensation visit generally need approval by your supervisor or Human resources Department prior to visit.
- Helpful appointment reminder calls to your home